Travel clinic are held alternate Thursday afternoons. These clinics are for your first travel appointment. Subsequent appointments can be booked outside of the travel clinics. To help us offer the appropriate advice about Travel Vaccinations, please fill out the online travel questionnaire (see link below), and return it to the nurse a week before your appointment. This is to ensure that we have all the required vaccinations in stock before your appointment.
Before you book your travel clinic appointment:
1. look at the NHS Fit for Travel : http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home.aspx
2. Complete our travel questionnaire Travel Questionnaire
3. Check the following list of vaccines currently unavailable at Thaxted Surgery.
|Yellow Fever||No longer offered from 1 Feb 2018|
|Hepatitis B||Sporadically available|
4. Check our price list. Some travel vaccines and anti-malaria medications incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge.
5. Book your travel clinic appointment as early as possible - at least 6 weeks before you travel.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe a very useful booklet has been published with advice and guidance to help you get the most out of your holiday. To visit please click:- http://ec.europa.eu/publications/booklets/eu_glance/86/en.pdf (this is a large document and may take a minute or two to view)