Clinics & Services
Services for on-going management of long-term conditions
We offer the following services to help you manage long-term conditions:
- Diabetic clinic every two weeks, with a GP and nurse specialising in diabetes, and a dietician
- Weekly nurse-led Asthma/COPD clinics
- Annual mental health reviews and care plans for all patients with a current condition
- Annual review for patients with hypertension
- Annual medication reviews for all patients on long-term repeat medication
- On-going review, monitoring and care plans for patients with heart disease, kidney disease, epilepsy, dementia, hypothyroidism, cancer and history of stroke/TIA.
Services to keep you healthy
- Smoking cessation, operated by our nurses
- Health checks, provided by healthcare assistants, for new patients and patients over 45.
- Smears, contractive pill services, contraceptive injections, menopause advise and HRT checks, provided by nurses
- Coil fittings and implants, provided by selected GPs
- Chlamydia tests and C-Card services provided by our nurses
- Pre and post natal services are led by midwifes and health visitors, with the surgery providing
- Antenatal blood tests and GP review at 16, 28 and 38 weeks of pregnancy
- GP Post-natal check of mothers at 6 weeks and babies at 8 weeks.
- Ear syringing, provided by healthcare assistant
- Blood pressure monitoring by healthcare assistants
- Childhood Immunisations
- Minor injury and wound care - our nurses are able to remove stitches and dress and care for minor injuries and wounds. However, patients with more severe and urgent wounds and injuries are advised to attend the Herts and Essex hospital in Bishop Stortford or A&E. Please see our Useful Contacts pages.
Minor Surgery Clinics
- Our GPs offer minor surgery clinics for clinically indicated skin lesions. Appointments for minor surgery can only be made after a GP consultation to assess.